200 HOURS 28 DAYS HATHA AND ASHTANGA VINYASA
A Deep and rewarding experience of the practice and science of Yoga brought to you in the motherland of Yoga – India. If you are looking to teach Yoga this course is a unique opportunity for self-empowerment and transformation. If you aren’t looking to teach, it is equally a profound source of rejuvenation and inspiration that will change your everyday life and practice. Every student will leave this course with the confidence and skills to teach Yoga to yourself and others, and a certificate that allows you to register as an international Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance, USA.
This 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training is designed for people who want to become yoga teachers, but it’s also suitable for anyone who wants to deepen their yoga practise. Join us for a month of traditional authentic teachings, a better understanding of yoga, and self-healing via yoga. Hundreds of students from around the world have benefited from Navadurga Yoga’s unique and entertaining approach to yoga instruction. All yoga practitioners are welcome and encouraged to participate in this teacher training, whether they are beginners or accomplished in their practise.
This 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Course is for anyone from anywhere, with any background, nationality or religion. Be ready, it may open up the gate of possibilities, can bring wonders especially for those stuck with the ideas of limitations, can be magical, if you are already interested in exploration of this ancieIndian art & science of Yoga.
Medium of communication in this course is English, so it requires a certain amount of proficiency in the language to be able to handle and respond to the instructions and lectures. There are no educational requirements to join it. As long as you are able to express yourself and be who you are, you’re welcome.
The age of the Candidate shouldn’t be less than 18 or more than 60 at the time of admission.
What will You Get Includes
- International Yoga Teacher Certificate by Yoga Alliance USA
- Twin bed Room with Bathroom, and Balcony
- 27 Days Program with 6 Days Class and one Free Day per Week
- Full Vegetarian Sattvic Yogi Diet (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) 6 Days a Week
- Daily Yoga Asanas & Meditation Practices
- Daily Teachings (Yoga Philosophy, Anatomy Classes, Pranayama Classes)
- Bakti Yoga, Bhajans
- Puja Ceremonies meditation
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Airport Pickup (Airport Trivandrum)
200 HOURS YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE OUTLINE
- Hatha Yoga is considered to be the foundation of all yogic asana practices which sprout from its fundamental nature for creating a balance between the mind and body by accessing the inner roots of our being. This form of yoga plays a huge importance to breathing techniques. Our regular Hatha Yoga teacher training in India comprises relatively paced practice of various hatha yoga postures, breathing awareness and techniques, and meditation practices. All of our classes begin and conclude with mantra chanting.
The practice of traditional Hatha yoga is aimed at balancing your body and stilling your mind, so it can be trained to stay healthy and keep away from external distractions that may hamper your practice. A Hatha Yoga TTC in India practitioner ultimately cultivates a subtle consciousness within the body that assists in nurturing a meditative form.
- 200 hour multi style yoga teacher training in varkala at Navadurga school of yoga follow the ancient tradition of Ashtanga Yoga as popularized by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. Traditionally, yoga helps you in completely knowing yourself and calm yourself. However, this real meaning can get a bit lost amidst the practices of exercise-centric yoga that seems to be very popular nowadays. Ashtanga yoga courses in India, on the other hand, brings modern-day yogis back to the ancient roots of yogic practice.
Pattabhi’s Ashtanga yoga comprises a fixed series of postures linked together with breath. Unlike modern-day yoga practices, the Ashtanga sequence of postures remains the same, and the practice is traditionally performed without music, mood lighting, or other factors of the western yoga class. By taking away these external factors, Ashtanga Yoga TTC India practitioners are able to streamline their attention inward, focusing on the internal aspects of yoga rather than the physical.
During our Ashtanga yoga teacher training in India, we teach the whole primary series including rules of sequencing, pranayama, mantra chanting as well as drishti and bandha.
- Often confused with ‘power yoga’, Vinyasa Yoga is a modern, fast-paced practice inspired from the Ashtanga Vinyasa system and the highly-revered Guru T. Krishnamacharya himself. This style of yoga is characterized by easing postures together so that you move from one to another, seamlessly, using the synchronization of breath and drishti.
The primary difference between Ashtanga and Vinyasa is that while the former follows a fixed sequence, the latter observes flowing of each pose organically and has no specific sequence. The dynamic nature of Vinyasa Yoga helps to acquire a more balanced body as well as prevent recurring motion injuries.
During our 200 hour yoga training program in Vinyasa practice, we focus primarily on training you in sharp sequencing that not only strengthens your body but also allows the energy to smoothly flow through. Our ashtanga Vinyasa yoga teacher training India is taught keeping in mind the principles of alignment, meaning that even though you will move between postures swiftly, you would be taught safe practices so as to avoid any injuries.
- Completely opposite to the vigorous, fast-paced Ashtanga and Vinyasa yoga styles, Yin Yoga focuses on the deep connective tissues of your body – the ligaments, bones, joints, and deep fascia networks. It’s gentler and more contemplative, allowing you space to turn inward and tune into your mind as well as the physical sensations of your body. In Yin Yoga, you hold your postures for a longer period than other traditional forms which means that you would stretch and lengthen those barely-used tissues as well as learn how to control you breathing through any discomfort. On an energetic level, Yin yoga enhances energy flow and improves the flow of ‘chi’ in the organs but the practice also offers huge mental and emotional benefits too.
Usually, our Yin Yoga class includes of a series of passive floor asanas held for a longer duration, that primary focuses on the lower part of the body, namely the hips, pelvis, inner thighs, lower spine. These areas are specifically rich in connective tissues.
MYSORE STYLE YOGA
- Mysore style yoga is the conventional way of practicing ashtanga yoga and offers an extremely personalized approach with all of the group energy of a conventional class. This style is different than any other method of teaching yoga in the way that during practice, the class is not instructed as a whole but it is more one-on-one training within the group.
At Navadurga school of yoga, we learn Mysore style yoga every Saturday where you practice your own part of Ashtanga sequence of asanas at you own pace while the teacher assists each one of you individually by giving verbal as well as physical instructions on how to adjust and align your movements to get the best out of them.
ADJUSTMENT AND ALIGNMENT
- The importance of adjustment and alignment in yoga cannot be focused enough. An extremely critical topic, your adjustment and alignment lessons focus on teaching your how to adjust in each asana without causing any injuries to your body. It is done not only to prevent your body from any new stress or injury but also to avoid inflicting harm to any existing injuries. In our Adjustment and Alignment class, you would learn to position your body exactly where it should be. At the same time, if you are pursuing the course to be a yoga teacher, you must learn how to work with your students and instruct them through various poses. By gaining a deeper understanding of anatomy, kinesiology and correct adjustment and alignment techniques, you can ensure that your students safely reap the benefits of yoga for years to come.
- Pranayama is an ancient yogic breathing technique that is used as preparation for meditation and is a vital aspect of practicing yoga. It improves the respiratory system and purifies the body and mind.
- Pranayama topics include introduction, aspects of pranayama, different types of prana, types of breathing, Yogic breathing, Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing), Ujjayi (the psychic or victorious breath), Sheetali (cooling breath), Shitkari (hissing breath), Kapalabhati (frontal brain cleansing breath), Bhramari (humming bee breath), Bhastrika (bellows breath), Suryabheda (vitality stimulating breath) including advance variations.
Yogic cleansing exercises are important to learn how to incorporate your breath and meditate properly during physical aspects of yoga. It also removes the blockages in the energy channels. This will include
- Jala Neti
- Sutra Neti
- Vamana Dhauti
- Uddiyana Bhanda
RECITATION OF SACRED SOUND
The purpose of mantra chanting in yoga is to generate vibrations and connect with the universe. Each mantra has its unique vibration.
- Pratah Smarana (morning prayer)
- Ratri Smarana (evening prayer)
- Anna purna stotra (meal time prayer)
- Swadhyaya Prarthana (study prayer)
- Some other prayer: maha-mrtyunjaya mantra and gayatri mantra
The practice of mudra is an ancient facet of yoga. Performing gestures affects the energy flow of the body and can change a person’s spiritual and mental characteristics.
- Jnana mudra
- Chin mudra
- Yoni mudra
- Bhairava mudra
- Shambhavi mudra
Meditation is a systematic practice that promotes physical, mental, and emotional tranquillity. It increases the vital energy in the body and gives you more aliveness, good blood circulation and a relaxed nervous system.
- Breathing awareness meditation
- AUM (Om) or mantra meditation
- Tips for developing concentration
- Silence practice
A yoga teacher should efficiently perform the practical applications of class planning and preparation. At Navadurga Yoga, students will learn how to create a positive and peaceful class environment for an enjoyable and transformative experience. You will learn:
- How to plan and structure a yoga asana class
- Principles of demonstration
- Qualities of a teacher and teaching styles
- How to use the breath and voice while teaching
- Observing, assisting and correcting
- Verbal cues
- Functional modifications, injuries and safety precautions
- Guidelines for each asana (as per manualAssisting inversions
Students will take turns practicing their teaching skills by performing in front of their peers and teachers. There will be demonstration, alignment, and instructions. You will learn:
- Symptoms of a good teacher
- Clear instruction
- Proper alignment
- Individual care of each student
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Proper understanding of the physical body will help to prevent injury before, during, and after practice.
- Physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on muscular and skeletal structures and in-depth study of anatomical and skeletal differences (i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory)
- Introduction to different body systems
- Proper alignment
- Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, major joints of the body
- Breathing and respiratory system
- Practical applications of anatomy into postures
- Therapeutic applications of postures and working with injuries in asana class
- Yoga philosophy is the foundation of our yoga practice and is the key to earn yogic strength. Through the path of yogic philosophy, you will establish a solid, well-rounded yoga practice.
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Four paths of yoga (Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga)
- Ashtanga Yoga & Hatha Yoga
- Prana (bioplasmic energy)
- The chakra system, its qualities, activating and balancing techniques
- Energy or nadi system
- Meditation: introduction, practices, meditation and mind, removal of mental problems
- Guru and disciple relationship
- Kriya Yoga
- Five types of bodies (sheaths or koshas)
When a yoga practitioner moves through the various internal states of Yoga Nidra, a profound experience of relaxation occurs. This is called “turiya,” a sensation of pure bliss. This will cover basic relaxation, tension relaxation, and full body relaxation
|6:15 – 6:30||Kriyas & cleansing techniques (self – practice)|
|6:30 – 7:00||Meditation in groups|
|7:00 – 9:00||Practice Pranayama & other Yoga Asanas|
|9:00||Breakfast & short break|
|11:30 – 13:00||Theory classes|
|14:30 – 16:00||Theory class or pranayama or self-study time|
|16:30 – 18:00||Yoga Asanas|
|19:30||Other evening activities|
COURSE SCHEDULE – 200 Hours 28 Days TTC
Upcoming 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Varkala
|Course||Start Date||End Date||Shared Room||Private Room||Book Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01Feb 2023||28 Feb2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01Mar 2023||28 Mar2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01Apr 2023||28 Apr2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01May 2023||28 May2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01June 2023||28 June2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01July 2023||28 July2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01August 2023||28 August2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01Sep 2023||28 Sep2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01Oct 2023||28 Oct2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01Nov 2023||28 Nov2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
|200 Hours TTC||01Dec 2023||28 Dec2023||950Є||1150Є||Apply Now|
*For men: only single occupancy unless you come with a participant or a group
• The course fee is in Euros and inclusive of all taxes.
• Included in the fee: Training, accommodation and meals only.
• Not included: Travel, insurance, any other liability etc.
• Check-in: From 16.00 pm onwards on course start date.
• Check-out: Before 10.00 am on course end date.
• Orientation meetings: Are held between 4-5 pm on the course start date.
Accommodation: During the yoga retreats, you will stay in a very comfortable twinbed room, private bathroom and balcony, kitchen facility surrounded by a beautiful garden with a large terrace
• We will always give you the accommodation agreed upon but life happens and sometimes we may have to make changes if required due to the circumstances beyond our control.
1. Application: Complete the online application form. If you don’t hear back from us within 24 hours, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please always check your spam if you don’t see our response within 24 hours. You can also contact us at our Whatsapp number +917594934298 for status of your application.
2. Booking amount: Once accepted in the course you will be asked to pay a non-refundable but transferrable booking fee of €400 or INR 34000 via PayPal/ Wise/ Googlepay / direct Bank Transfer. Your place on the course will be confirmed only upon receipt of the deposit amount. This fee will be adjusted in your total course fee.
3. Remaining balance: Upon arrival at Navadurgschool of Yoga, varkala by cash, debit or credit card, or PayPal.
Navadurga School of Yoga is a team of genuine people who have gained knowledge and deeper understanding through lots of practice and experience in yoga and meditation.